Student Success Team
There are many individuals at Helias Catholic who work to help students make their four years of high school successful.
Mrs. Elizabeth Twyman, Helias Catholic’s accommodations coordinator, is available Monday through Friday to meet with students to discuss learning difficulties they might be experiencing.
Mrs. Whitney Toosley, Mrs. Lacy Ralston and Mrs. Jan Heislen are Helias Catholic’s guidance counselors. Mrs. Heislen is also the Naviance coordinator in assisting with academic counseling. Mrs. Ralston is the ACT Coordinator.
Mrs. Staci Kampeter, Helias Catholic’s school nurse, assists with any medical issues or illness.
Students see their guidance counselors for a number of reasons. For example:
- If you want to discuss scheduling classes for the next semester or year.
- If you want to discuss changing a class you are currently taking because it is too difficult or not challenging enough.
- If you or your teacher feel you may need to work with a tutor.
- If you think you might benefit by having your tests read orally or taken in a quiet space.
- If you are ready to begin the college search or career search process, we have great resources to share with you
- If you are having difficulties with family, friends, teachers, other students, etc., come see us and we will try to work out a solution
Appointments are set daily. To request an appointment, sign up on the clipboard outside the counselor’s office. Typically, students are seen the day after requesting an appointment. If there is an emergency, students can see a counselor immediately.
Counseling offices are located in the JPII Student Success Center.