Faith & Service
Campus Ministry at Helias Catholic High School strives to support the faith formation of the students, staff and school community by providing opportunities which lead to a deeper awareness of the message of God’s love and opportunities for worship, supporting the formation of a community of faith, and the promotion of service as a way of life.
- Mass is offered Thursday and Friday at 7:10am and then Wednesdays at 3:25pm in St. Pius X Chapel.
- Rosary on Monday at 7:15 a.m. in the chapel.
- Praise & Worship on Tuesday at 7:15 a.m. in the chapel.
- Prayer Service on Friday at 3:15 p.m. in the chapel.
- Green Phase: No outside guests, masks required, 50 people maximum every other seat. (Siblings may sit together.)
- Yellow Phase: No outside guests, masks required, 36 people maximum in marked seats.
- Red Phase: No masses.
- Days of Reconciliation are offered in Advent and Lent with Eucharistic Adoration.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation offered Tuesdays from 2:45-3:30 p.m.
- All School Masses will be held monthly at the Athletic Complex (weather pending). They will also be live-streamed from our chapel every Tuesday during 4th hour.
- Adoration at 7:00 pm on Sunday in the St. Pius X chapel.
- Every student is required to complete 50 hours of service by the end of 1st semester Senior Year. Hours completed must be turned in at the end of each academic year.
- Service hours can begin after 8th-grade graduation.
- Students will use MobileServe to record service hours. This database can be accessed via App or Website and login information will be given once students are registered.
- For service hours to be approved, hours must be verified in one of the following ways:
- Email verification on MobileServe
- Signature verification on MobileServe
- Uploaded photo of paper signature on MobileServe
- All service is to be completed at non-profit agencies. This includes schools and churches. **Service hours are expanded to allow volunteer opportunities outside of non-for-profit organizations. Service to small businesses or individuals that supports our community during this epidemic is allowed. Parents may verify service hours for students.**
- Any student who completes more than 100 hours in 1 year or 500 hours over 4 years of high school will receive special recognition. To be eligible for awards, service hours must be turned in by May 1 each year.
- Helias Retreats allows our students to step away from their regular class schedule and activities to grow in faith and community. This retreat is required. Please be prepared that this retreat will go beyond the typical school day of 8am-2:50pm.
- Tentative Dates for Retreats: Sept. 18 – Juniors; Oct. 12 – Sophomores; Freshmen and Seniors are tentatively scheduled for the spring. Students will be put into small groups of 6-10 individuals by House. Retreats are in development and subject to change.
All Mission Trips are subject to current status of COVID-19.
- Mission of Witness
- March for Life Trip: A group of students attends the March for Life in Washington D.C. in January. It is scheduled for Jan. 29, 2021.
- Mission of Evangelization
- Kansas City Mission Trip
- This mission trip will be a combination of service and a spiritual experience with the opportunity to encounter Jesus Christ in a special way. Time on this retreat will be spent in service of the poor including assisting with food trucks that feed the homeless in KC, spending time at a local soup kitchen, serving alongside the Little Sisters of the Poor, and several other unique opportunities. The spiritual component of this trip will be combined with our service and time spent with those in need. Each day, we will be attending Mass and spending time in adoration and prayer in addition to a variety of other awesome faith-building encounters!
- Steubenville Conference will be held in July of 2021 in Springfield, MO. Incoming freshmen are invited and encouraged to contact Maureen Quinn for more information! It’s an epic retreat weekend with thousands of other high school teens.
- Mission of Service
- Mission Trips: Opportunities to serve in a community outside of our own (both day trips and overnight). Please check back for more information about upcoming trips.
- Service Opportunities in our local community.
Other Faith Opportunities
- Join Campus Ministry Crew to grow in your personal faith and help plan and execute a variety of faith and service events for the school.
- Life Runners Club advocates for Life.
- Founders Club promotes service in the community.