No School Days – March
Mon., March 1st – No Classes (Professional Development Day)
Fri., March 12th – Noon Dismissal (Faculty Retreat)
Mon., March 15th – No Classes (Sanitization Day)
Mon., March 22nd – No Classes (Professional Development Day)
Spring Musical Tickets – March 1st
Tickets will be on sale M-F beginning on March 1 from 8 am – 3 pm up until they are sold out or the performances begin. Tickets are $10 for students and $15 for adults. Seating is limited due to social distancing requirements at the Miller Performing Arts Center. Tickets may be purchased at the Helias Business Office or by calling Helias at 573-635-6139.
Spring Sports Meeting – Feb. 28
Bridge The Gap Dress Down Days
Students who have purchased the Bridge the Gap T-shirts may wear them on the following days with jeans and tennis shoes.
Fri., Feb. 5th
Fri., March 5th
Fri., April 9th
Fri., May 7th
ACT Test Dates
The next ACT will be here at Helias on Sat., April 17th. Deadline to register is Fri., March 12th. Late registration (with a fee) is Fri., March 26th.
Be sure to bring an approved calculator, two #2 pencils (NOT mechanical pencils), photo ID and admission ticket. Students should enter the old main doors next to the stairs and crucifix. Doors will be open. Please show up by 7:30-7:45. MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
More information can be found at http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-day.html.
June 12, 2021
Sign-up Deadline: May 7 – late registration: May 21
Jan. Students of the Month
Congratulations to our January
Students of the Month!
Senior: John Paul McGuire
Junior: Olivia DeSimone
Sophomore: Carter Prenger
Freshman: Gracie Bullock
Final Exam Schedule
- Faculty members will be in their classrooms from 8 am – 12 noon and available for students who need to catch up on projects/quizzes/tests missed during the second quarter. Students will need to contact teachers if they need to make up work.
- Students should speak with or email their teacher regarding making up assessments and set up a specific time for that work to be completed on Dec. 17.
- Faculty may also offer retake opportunities during this time at their discretion, on a case-by-case basis. Again, students should initiate communication with their teachers regarding makeups.
- Students entering the building on Dec. 17 will need to come through the main entrance at the top of the ramp and wear a Helias shirt, jeans and sneakers.
This year Christmas Break will begin upon dismissal at 3:10pm on Wed., Dec. 16th.
Classes will resume Tuesday, Jan. 5th.
Have a Blessed Holiday Season!
Christmas Spirit Wear Sale – 12/7
10% off total purchase!
Enter crucifix doors.
Online Learning – Nov. 30th-Dec. 4th
Mon., Nov. 30 — Preparation day for faculty. No in-person or online classes for students on Monday. Faculty and staff will spend the day preparing for the transition to online teaching and learning.
Tues., Dec. 1 & Thurs., Dec. 3 — Students will engage in online learning from 8 am -12 pm covering periods 1-4 as outlined in our previous plan, provided below
Wed., Dec. 2 & Fri., Dec. 4 — students will engage in online learning from 8 am-12 pm covering periods 5-8 as outlined in our previous plan, provided below. Please be sure to review the full outline for November 30-December 4, and discuss with student(s) prior to Dec. 1.
Students will return to in-person learning on Mon., Dec. 7.
- Nichols students will be addressed separately by Mr. Clingman and Mrs. Ralston about how to handle the online learning days and their classes at Nichols Career Center.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: Dates will be postponed to the week of Dec. 7.
- Spirit Wear Sale on Dec. 2, from 3:30-6 pm will continue as originally planned.
- Blood Drive Dec. 3, will still be held. There is a critical need for blood. This is an American Red Cross function and will be staffed with as few Helias students as possible.
- Giving Tree gifts: deadline will be extended to Dec. 11 for students to donate money to Samaritan Center Giving Tree adoptees.
- Advent Day of Service, Dec. 5 — These activities will still be held as planned with social distancing and masks.
- Extracurricular — sports and clubs will be allowed to meet, masks and social distancing as much as possible.
- Poinsettia pickup will continue as originally planned on Dec. 2.
– PLEASE NOTE: If anyone in your immediate household (student or family member) is tested for COVID-19 during the online learning period, you must still notify our school nurse, Mrs. Staci Kampeter email@example.com.
– Decision regarding how final exams will be handled will be made early the week of Nov. 30th.
– Helias Faculty will be in school building 7:30am-3pm Nov. 30th-Dec.4th.
– Helias business office will remain open 7:30am-3pm each day.
– Helias IT Dept. will be available 7:30am-3pm each day.
– Morning masses to be live-streamed from Chapel at 7:20am Tues-Fri.
– Students who do not have adequate internet service at home will be welcome to enter the school building if they are healthy and not in quarantine during online learning. They should enter through the main entrance and will be required to wear a mask. They will be directed to a location where supervision is provided.
– Extracurricular activities will continue as scheduled.
– Please keep gatherings small.