Online Learning – Nov. 30th-Dec. 4th
Mon., Nov. 30 — Preparation day for faculty. No in-person or online classes for students on Monday. Faculty and staff will spend the day preparing for the transition to online teaching and learning.
Tues., Dec. 1 & Thurs., Dec. 3 — Students will engage in online learning from 8 am -12 pm covering periods 1-4 as outlined in our previous plan, provided below
Wed., Dec. 2 & Fri., Dec. 4 — students will engage in online learning from 8 am-12 pm covering periods 5-8 as outlined in our previous plan, provided below. Please be sure to review the full outline for November 30-December 4, and discuss with student(s) prior to Dec. 1.
Students will return to in-person learning on Mon., Dec. 7.
- Nichols students will be addressed separately by Mr. Clingman and Mrs. Ralston about how to handle the online learning days and their classes at Nichols Career Center.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: Dates will be postponed to the week of Dec. 7.
- Spirit Wear Sale on Dec. 2, from 3:30-6 pm will continue as originally planned.
- Blood Drive Dec. 3, will still be held. There is a critical need for blood. This is an American Red Cross function and will be staffed with as few Helias students as possible.
- Giving Tree gifts: deadline will be extended to Dec. 11 for students to donate money to Samaritan Center Giving Tree adoptees.
- Advent Day of Service, Dec. 5 — These activities will still be held as planned with social distancing and masks.
- Extracurricular — sports and clubs will be allowed to meet, masks and social distancing as much as possible.
- Poinsettia pickup will continue as originally planned on Dec. 2.
– PLEASE NOTE: If anyone in your immediate household (student or family member) is tested for COVID-19 during the online learning period, you must still notify our school nurse, Mrs. Staci Kampeter firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Decision regarding how final exams will be handled will be made early the week of Nov. 30th.
– Helias Faculty will be in school building 7:30am-3pm Nov. 30th-Dec.4th.
– Helias business office will remain open 7:30am-3pm each day.
– Helias IT Dept. will be available 7:30am-3pm each day.
– Morning masses to be live-streamed from Chapel at 7:20am Tues-Fri.
– Students who do not have adequate internet service at home will be welcome to enter the school building if they are healthy and not in quarantine during online learning. They should enter through the main entrance and will be required to wear a mask. They will be directed to a location where supervision is provided.
– Extracurricular activities will continue as scheduled.
– Please keep gatherings small.
Advent Service Day – Dec. 5th
Advent Service Day
Sat., Dec. 5th
Cost $20 (breakfast, lunch & dinner provided)
We will service the community in small ways with great love!
Including but not limited to:
- wrap giving tree gifts
- help local elderly
- make and deliver meals
- and so much more!
Spring Musical Auditions
Please visit the Spring Musical page if you are interested in auditioning for “Back to the 80’s” Musical. Open auditions will be held Sunday, Dec. 6th. Please sign up by Dec. 1st.
There is also a sign up for the workshops also to be held Sunday November 8 from 12 PM – 3 PM and Monday November 9 from 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM. Be sure to read all information.
Thanksgiving Break is Nov. 25-29th.
Red Cross Blood Drive – Dec. 3rd
Helias Catholic is hosting a blood drive for the American Red Cross on Dec. 3rd from 10am to 4pm. It will be held in the field house – please enter field house lobby doors. Please go to www.RedCrossBlood.org and enter: HeliasHS to schedule an appointment.
***This event is will still be held as there is a critical need for blood.***
Summer School for the summer of 2021 is June 1-25. More information on the summer school webpage under Admissions.
MSHSAA 2021 Dead Week is July 3-10th.
PSAT and Dual Credit
ACT Tests – Oct. & Dec.
Be sure to bring an approved calculator, two #2 pencils (NOT mechanical pencils), photo ID and admission ticket. Students should enter the old main doors next to the stairs and crucifix. Doors will be open. Please show up by 7:30-7:45. MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
More information can be found at http://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/test-day.html.
All Sports Breakout Mtgs. – Aug. 9th – CANCELLED
Helias’ All Sports Meeting for Sunday, Aug. 9 has been cancelled in an effort to minimize the number of adults inside of Helias buildings (per recommendations from DESE). Each sport will be asked to hold a parent meeting during the first week of practice. Once we have established locations for those meetings, families will be notified. Thank you again for your patience as we prioritize the health and well-being of our Helias community.
For more information, please contact our Athletic/Activities Director, Tom Guinn by calling us at 635-6139 or email Mr. Guinn at TGuinn@heliascatholic.com.