Mon., Nov. 30 — Preparation day for faculty. No in-person or online classes for students on Monday. Faculty and staff will spend the day preparing for the transition to online teaching and learning.
Tues., Dec. 1 & Thurs., Dec. 3 — Students will engage in online learning from 8 am -12 pm covering periods 1-4 as outlined in our previous plan, provided below
Wed., Dec. 2 & Fri., Dec. 4 — students will engage in online learning from 8 am-12 pm covering periods 5-8 as outlined in our previous plan, provided below. Please be sure to review the full outline for November 30-December 4, and discuss with student(s) prior to Dec. 1.
Students will return to in-person learning on Mon., Dec. 7.
- Nichols students will be addressed separately by Mr. Clingman and Mrs. Ralston about how to handle the online learning days and their classes at Nichols Career Center.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation: Dates will be postponed to the week of Dec. 7.
- Spirit Wear Sale on Dec. 2, from 3:30-6 pm will continue as originally planned.
- Blood Drive Dec. 3, will still be held. There is a critical need for blood. This is an American Red Cross function and will be staffed with as few Helias students as possible.
- Giving Tree gifts: deadline will be extended to Dec. 11 for students to donate money to Samaritan Center Giving Tree adoptees.
- Advent Day of Service, Dec. 5 — These activities will still be held as planned with social distancing and masks.
- Extracurricular — sports and clubs will be allowed to meet, masks and social distancing as much as possible.
- Poinsettia pickup will continue as originally planned on Dec. 2.
– PLEASE NOTE: If anyone in your immediate household (student or family member) is tested for COVID-19 during the online learning period, you must still notify our school nurse, Mrs. Staci Kampeter email@example.com.
– Decision regarding how final exams will be handled will be made early the week of Nov. 30th.
– Helias Faculty will be in school building 7:30am-3pm Nov. 30th-Dec.4th.
– Helias business office will remain open 7:30am-3pm each day.
– Helias IT Dept. will be available 7:30am-3pm each day.
– Morning masses to be live-streamed from Chapel at 7:20am Tues-Fri.
– Students who do not have adequate internet service at home will be welcome to enter the school building if they are healthy and not in quarantine during online learning. They should enter through the main entrance and will be required to wear a mask. They will be directed to a location where supervision is provided.
– Extracurricular activities will continue as scheduled.
– Please keep gatherings small.