IT Specialist Position
Job Summary: Assist the Director of IT in providing quality support to students and staff by troubleshooting software, hardware, network and classroom technology problems. Assist with the setup of new devices and technology and maintain existing systems. Provide guidance on the use of software and hardware to enhance the educational environment of the school.
- The Technology Specialist is hired by, reports to, and is accountable to the President/Principal in consultation with the Director of IT.
- The Technology Specialist is supervised, evaluated, and retained by the President/Principal in consultation with the Director of IT.
- Uphold and model a moral code which is consistent with teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission of the school.
- Demonstrate by attitude, words, actions and integrity support for the mission of Helias Catholic High School.
- Support and adhere to the Diocese of Jefferson City Policy and Regulations Manual and the Helias Catholic High School Student and Faculty Handbooks.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Improve existing processes, workflows and systems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of long-range planning for the Technology Department
- Research and recommend hardware and software to the IT Director and Principal
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot technology including but not limited to: Windows PCs, Chromebooks, printers, peripherals, network cabling, wireless access points, etc.
- Create and maintain updated documentation for all processes
- Maintain updated inventory of Technology department equipment
- Train faculty and staff on the use of classroom technology and core systems (LMS, SIS, Google Apps).
- Cooperate with school and diocesan administration; work effectively with all staff members to promote a positive work environment.
- At all times demonstrate professionally responsible behavior.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal or Director of IT.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of expertise. At least two years of IT experience preferred.
- Familiar with setting up, troubleshooting and maintaining Windows 10 and Chrome OS devices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to rapidly learn about and become familiar with new hardware, software and technological systems.
- Familiarity with LMS preferred.
- Familiarity with popular social media platforms preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Able to interact professionally with students, faculty, and parents.
- Able to explain complex solutions in simple terminology
Physical Demands and other requirements:
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to perform tasks related to the installation of hardware in a variety of locations (example: climbing ladders or accessing crawlspaces)
- Able to perform repetitive physical tasks (typing/writing/reading)
- Required to work a minimum full school day
- Available to (rarely) work outside of normal workday hours
Interested applicants are asked to make application through the school office of the Diocese of Jefferson City (http://www.diojeffcity.org/our-schools/school-office/school-employment/) as well submit a letter of interest and resume directly to Helias Catholic. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Suitable candidates will be contacted for personal interviews.
Electronically submit requested information to:
Ms. Kenya Fuemmeler, Principal