Helias Catholic High School is seeking a principal for the 2021/22 school year. Find the full job description and apply at DIOCESE OF JEFFERSON CITY
Helias Catholic High School is seeking an assistant principal for the 2021/22 school year. Find the full job description and apply at DIOCESE OF JEFFERSON CITY
2021/22 (posted 2/25/21)
Job Summary: A successful candidate will possess the skills necessary to fill the librarian position. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with staff, administration, families and community members, in accordance with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- The librarian is hired by, reports to, and is accountable to the principal in consultation with the president.
- The librarian is supervised, evaluated, and retained by the principal in consultation with the accommodations coordinator and president.
- Upholds and models a moral code which is consistent with teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission of the school.
- Ensures all teaching activities reflect the Catholic mission of the school.
- Demonstrates by attitude, words, actions and integrity support for the mission of Helias Catholic High School.
- Supports and adheres to the Diocese of Jefferson City Policy and Regulations Manual and the Helias Catholic High School Student and Faculty Handbooks.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body, in adherence to the Student Handbook.
- Serves with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Understands, respects and is committed to the spiritual, academic, and personal formation of the students of Helias.
- Willingness to sponsor, coach, or supervise extra-curricular activities.
- Establishes a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; sets high standards for student behavior and manages inappropriate behavior effectively.
- Implements the library media program, goals, and outcomes in accordance with building curriculum and diocesan standards.
- Maintains an online catalog and automated circulation system that accurately reflects the collection and usage of books and resources.
- Collaborates with other teachers on lessons ranging from research, to information literacy and critical thinking which incorporates multiple literacies.
- Provides students and teachers guidance in the selection of appropriate materials.
- Manages circulation of the library collection by disposing of outdated materials and purchasing new materials which are both popular with students for recreational reading and required for curriculum support.
- Helps students find resources to meet information needs.
- Creates and maintains a creative and dynamic space for learning.
- Cooperates with school and diocesan administration; works effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
- At all times demonstrates professionally responsible behavior.
- Works with the Director of Finance to set an annual budget and implements the library budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with major concentration in Library and/or Information Science. Experience preferred.
- At a minimum, candidates should be certified as a Librarian in the State of Missouri or able to obtain Missouri certification (LMS) issued by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- Possesses a strong technical background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Understands the education culture and is able to interact professionally and positively with students, faculty, parents, community members and administrators.
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Maintains professionalism in challenging situations.
Physical Demands and other requirements
- Ability to stand and walk for the majority of the day.
- Ability to lift or carry supplies, textbooks, furniture and equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, pull, sit, hear, see, and speak on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading.
- Required to work a minimum full school day
- Required to maintain composure and to avoid inappropriate displays of emotion
- Required to monitor students in a variety of locations including those with noise and activity.
Interested applicants are asked to make application through the school office of the Diocese of Jefferson City as well submit a letter of interest and resume directly to Helias Catholic. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Suitable candidates will be contacted for personal interviews.
Electronically submit requested information to:
Ms. Kenya Fuemmeler, Principal