Assistant Principal — Curriculum and Instruction
The Assistant Principal fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by working with the principal in the management of the school, faculty, staff, and students with a major emphasis on curriculum and instruction.
- The Assistant Principal is appointed by, reports to, and is accountable to the Principal in consultation with the President.
- The Assistant Principal is employed, supervised, evaluated, and retained by the Principal in consultation with the President.
- Upholds and models a moral code which is consistent with teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the mission of the school.
- Ensures integration of the Catholic faith into course work in all content areas.
- Ensures the development and enhancement of faith community and the integration of faith in all aspects of the school.
- Has direct involvement in staff retreats, liturgies, prayer services, service programs, and staff formation program.
- Collaborate with the administrative team in the spiritual formation of all faculty.
- Supports and adheres to the Diocese of Jefferson City Policy and Regulations Manual and the Helias Catholic High School Student and Faculty Handbooks.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Assist in maintaining discipline throughout the student body, in adherence to the Student Handbook.
- Coordinate the efforts of the Student Intervention Team to provide attendance, academic, behavior, and emotional interventions to struggling students.
- Serve with parents, faculty, and student groups, as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
- Provides direct supervision of school sponsored activities to ensure MSHSAA compliance at all events.
- Assist the principal in developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with Diocese of Jefferson City, State, and Federal guidelines; meeting and conferring with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Assist the principal in the developing a positive, collaborative school culture focused on developing the whole child.
- Support the principal in the collaborative development, implementation and ongoing refinement of the Strategic Plan.
- Assist the principal in planning and implementing a professional development/growth program for teachers and staff.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a systemic method of supervising the instructional program, through the use of learning walks, observations, documentations, and follow-up conferences.
- Assist in analyzing student testing data to ensure the viability of the taught curriculum and to make further curriculum recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Marketing/Admissions/Advancement team on campaigns to avidly support the school.
- Communicate appropriately with associated groups such as parents, coaches, faculty, administration, and other school administrators using a variety of media.
Liaisons and Other Responsibilities
- Represents Helias Catholic in meetings with other principals, fundraising events, and all events in consultation with the Principal.
- Attends regular meetings of the Student Intervention Team, Administrative Support Team, and Administrative Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Master’s degree in educational administration. Experience preferred.
- Preferred experience in curriculum and instruction.
- Successful teaching experience as a fully certified teacher.
- Successful completion of the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education certification process.
- Strong written and oral communication
- Understands the education culture and is able to interact professionally with students, faculty, and parents.
- Maintains professionalism in challenging situations.
Physical Demands and other requirements
- Ability to stand and walk for the majority of the day when events are taking place.
- Ability to lift or carry supplies, textbooks, furniture and equipment at a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, reach, pull, sit, hear, see, and speak on a daily basis.
- Ability to perform repetitive physical tasks such as computer keyboarding, writing, and reading.
- Required to work some nights and weekends
- Required to manage high to moderate levels of stress
- Required to work a minimum full school day
- Required to maintain composure and to avoid inappropriate displays of emotion
- Required to monitor students in a variety of locations including those with noise, activity, and inclement weather.
Interested applicants are asked to make application through the school office of the Diocese of Jefferson City https://diojeffcity.org/blog/2019/06/17/employment-in-our-catholic-schools/ as well submit a letter of interest and resume directly to Helias Catholic. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Suitable candidates will be contacted for personal interviews.
Electronically submit requested information to:
Ms. Kenya Fuemmeler, Principal