Giving thanks for all our blessings at Helias Catholic
Dear Helias Catholic family,
For many people, this week of Thanksgiving is their favorite week of the year. Our focus on gratitude; being with family and friends; and, of course, the delicious food that accompanies the day help to make this week so enjoyable. All of us at Helias Catholic are more than ready for the upcoming holiday.
This school year so far has been filled with many joyful and memorable moments — times in the classroom, at lunch, athletics, hanging out after school, robotics, dance, cheer, choir, the Be Kind Club, campus ministry and many other moments that are personal among friends. Each of these moments has been filled with the presence of God, alive and calling us closer to Him.
Thank you for the countless ways each one of you is a blessing to our community. I hope the days ahead are marked by time with family and friends as well as quiet moments to reflect on all of the blessings you have received from God. And, least any of us forget, please take a moment to remember our sisters and brothers whose hearts and minds may not be focused on the joy of the upcoming days but rather on the challenges of hunger, homelessness and loneliness. May our prayers of gratitude to God also include prayers of petition, asking God to comfort those who are struggling this season.
Live, Jesus, in our hearts — forever!
Helias Catholic High School President
- Giving thanks for all our blessings at Helias Catholic – Nov. 21, 2022
- As seasons change, a time for reflection – Nov. 14, 2022
- A time of celebration and remembrance at Helias Catholic – Oct. 31, 2022
- Building faith community by fostering personal relationships with God – Oct. 20, 2022
- Thank you for supporting our mission as students, alumni and family – Oct. 10, 2022