Scholarships and A+
Scholarships and pertinent information regarding college applications, opportunities and assistance are available on our College and Scholarship Document. Please note that there are two tabs with scholarship information: Local Scholarships and National Scholarships.
This information will be updated regularly as scholarships become available. An email will be sent to students when new scholarships have been added to the scholarship link.
Updated for COVID-19 A+ Forms and Information
The A+ program is a scholarship program specific to Technical Schools and Junior Colleges. Students in GRADES 9-12 can apply to be a participant in the Helias A+ Program. Financial awards can cover full tuition at a Junior College or Missouri Technical school AS WELL AS some of our Missouri 4 year institutions have partial scholarships available to A+ students.
The following information has been updated since COVID-19 affected Missouri:
In response to multiple school closures as a result of the COVID-19 virus, the Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development has issued the following guidelines for 2020 high school seniors’ A+ Scholarship eligibility. These guidelines are temporary and only apply to 2020 seniors. All other high school students will be required to meet the A+ Scholarship requirements outlined in Section 160.545, RSMo and the A+ administrative rule, 6 CSR 10- 2.190.
- Students must be currently enrolled in the A+ Program in order to be eligible. No new 2020 senior applications will be accepted.
- To be eligible for the A+ Scholarship, students must graduate from high school with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average., 2020 seniors who have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average at the end of either the fall 2019 or spring 2020 semesters will be eligible.
- For the 2020 seniors, the number of tutoring/mentoring hours has been reduced temporarily to 25 to accommodate those students who are unable to complete 50 hours prior to high school graduation. The following guidelines must be followed for any 2020 senior who is still working to complete their hours:
- Hours can be completed via Zoom, Google Hangouts, or in person. No more than one hour per day can be earned using this method. All hours, using this method, must be videotaped and emailed to the student’s counselor.
- Students are able to contact Donna Scheidt at Little Explorers Daycare to set up times for tutoring hours (573-636-6461). No more than two hours a day can be earned using this method.
- All hours earned, regardless of method, need to be logged onto the A+ Timesheet (link is below)
- Students must have 95% attendance overall for grades 9-12 as calculated per the high school’s A+ policy. Helias calculates attendance for the A+ program based on the hourly attendance percentage. Attendance percent for the 2019-2020 school year will be based on the percentage obtained from 8/15/2019-3/7/2020.
If you’d like more information, contact your student’s guidance counselor. Students are assigned to their counselor by the student’s last name.
A-HE – Mrs. Jan Heislen
Hi-Ph – Mrs. Lacy Ralston
Pi-Z – Mrs. Whitney Toosley