2021 Summer School
Summer School Dates: Tues., June 1 – Fri., June 25, 2021
Classes will meet Monday-Friday and will be taught at Helias Catholic High School.
Sessions will be 7:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and/or 10:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
General Summer School Information:
- Students should be dropped off and picked up at the Commons entrance. This entrance is located off Myrtle St. The building will open at 7:30AM. All students must be picked up by 12:45PM.
- No more than three absences will be allowed. Once a student has missed three classes, they will be unenrolled from summer school and will not earn the credit for the course. No refund will be given.
- Each course will earn 0.5 credit and the grade will be included on student transcripts for the 2021-22 school year.
- Students will be given their email address and password on the first day, June 1.
- Parents and students will be able to check grades through the FACTS portal online with FACTS login information.
- Helias PE shirts ($10) and Helias water bottles ($5) will be sold each morning the first week of summer school in the Commons. Please send payment in form of cash or check only.
Boys and Girls PE: PE uniforms consist of navy blue shorts and a HELIAS PE shirt. The shirt can be purchased at the Sadershop, located in the Helias Business Office, or on the first day of school for $10.00. They can also be ordered online from the Helias website under Student Life/Uniforms. Students may wear their own navy shorts.
Other Classes: For other classes excluding PE, the dress code is a collared shirt (can be school uniform shirt) tucked in with khaki pants or jeans. Pants are required to be clean with no holes, tears, or frayed bottoms. Leather sole shoes, including tennis shoes are acceptable and should be clean without holes. Belt must be worn if there are belt loops.
Health/ Geography Class:
Electronic devices will be used in class. Students are welcome to bring their own device or check a Chromebook out on the first day.
- Helias Catholic High School will continue to monitor Cole County’s positive COVID-19 cases and abide by the recommendations from the CDC, DESE, and DHSS.
- Currently, all students should bring a mask with them to class daily. If social distancing can not be maintained, masks will be worn.
- Masks will not be required during any physical activity.
- Temp checks will not be taken daily.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate a specific session and we cannot guarantee classes.
If you have any questions please contact Elizabeth Twyman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive your student’s Summer School schedule through email by April 17.
MSHSAA Dead Week is July 3-10, 2021.